Turmeric health benefits may include:
1. It contains curcumin, a protective bioactive compound.
2. It may help the body to combat signs of inflammation.
3. It may be used as a treatment for arthritis.
4. It contains turmerone which may be useful for treating stroke and Alzheimer’s.
5. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects may protect against heart disease.
6. It may help us fight off infection and protect against allergies.
7. It may help limit the growth of cancerous cells.
8. It may lift our mood and release feel-good brain chemicals, such as serotonin and dopamine.
9. It could play an important role in boosting memory.
10. It may protect cells from damage, so reduce signs of ageing.